The Gang is now looking for a Lead Tools & Data Engineer! You will lead the work for creating our tools, data workflows and reports.
As Lead Tools & Data Engineer you will work on creating tools that assist The Gang in the development of our games and analysis of our data. You will get the opportunity to work with data from billions of play sessions to empower the company’s decisions and create tools that increase the efficiency of the whole development team.
A successful candidate should be able to single-handedly be able to define, create, and deliver tools and data projects, have a great understanding of different metrics and KPIs and a good communication ability. As this is our first recruitment in this area you will work solo and define the resources needed to succeed in the area, you will report directly to the Head of Code and have assistance from the Technical Director.
Since 2019, The Gang has been a leading gaming studio for Roblox games and our goal is to build the best, safest and most engaging experiences in the world. We publish our own games and develop game experiences with the most successful brands in the world in music, fashion, entertainment and technology.
Our mission is to unlock the full creative potential of our audiences with innovative experiences and solutions. This year we have seen tremendous growth with several million active users every day and we are actively looking to find the best people to join us in shaping the future of metaverse experiences in Roblox and beyond.
Starting Date: TBD
Work Hours: Stockholm working hours
Reporting to: Head of Code
Remote: 100%. Discord and Slack is where we hang out
Language: English (office language). Swedish (plus, not necessary)
- Lead the work for creating our tools, data workflows, and reports.
- Establish KPIs and metrics to track progress against key business objectives
- Develop and setup tools and high quality datasets and improve data quality through better design, monitoring, testing, tooling
- Define resource requirements for further data and tools team growth.
- 5+ years professional experience as a full-stack developer
- Experience working with common data tools (SQL, Excel, BI-systems, PlayFab, Python etc.)
- Experience working in a agile and iterative way
- Experience from leading projects from idea to shipped product
- Strong understanding of metrics and KPI:s
- Fluency in English
- Experience working with 3D-tooling and utilities